Product details of Duovir Tablet
Features of Duovir
Duovir is an anti-HIV drug that contains the components of the anti-human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) drug didobusin and lamivudine.
When infected with HIV and the number of immune cells in the body decreases, it is infected with a pathogen that is not normally infected and appears as an AIDS symptom.
It reduces the risk of infection and development by preventing a decrease in immunity and removing the virus from the blood.
It is a combination therapy that suppresses the growth of HIV by treating it according to the individual’s symptoms and constitution.
The active ingredients of Duovir are zidovudine and lamivudine, which have antiviral effects, inhibit the activity of HIV-1 reverse transcriptase, suppress the growth of HIV, and delay the onset and progression of AIDS.
Indications for Duovir
Duovir is used to treat HIV infections.
Active ingredient of Duovir
Duovir is a combination of zidovudine and lamivudine.
It inhibits HIV replication by stopping the action of reverse transcriptase and DNA strand elongation required for HIV to infect host cells.
Duovir content / content
Contains 30 tablets per box.
Each Duovir tablet contains 300 mg of zidovudine / 150 mg of lamivudine.
Cipla is an Indian-based pharmaceutical company with a history of more than 80 years.
We manufacture cheap AIDS treatments for HIV patients in emerging countries.
We have a large number of generic drugs such as AGA treatment “Finpecia” and ED treatment “Tadaship”.
How to take Duovir
As a treatment for HIV infection, for adults, take 1 tablet (300 mg of zidovudine and 150 mg of lamivudine) twice daily every 12 hours.
However, it may be necessary to increase or decrease depending on age, weight and renal function.
If you have any medications that are currently being treated, take them under the direction of your doctor.
Recommended dose of Duovir
- HIV infection Take 1 tablet once daily twice daily every 12 hours.
- Do not use alone, but in combination with other anti-HIV drugs.
Precautions when taking Duovir
If you miss a dose If you miss a dose, take 1 tablet at a time when you notice. Do not take two doses at once.
Duovir’s zidovudine has a myelosuppressive effect, so regular blood tests should be done. We recommend using condoms as there is a risk of infection to your sex partner.
Duovir side effects
The main side effects of Duovir
The main side effects include headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, fever and rash.
Infrequent side effects include uneven color changes in the mouth, chest burn, chest pain (indicating a possible myocardial disorder called myocardial disease), muscle tissue weakness, liver hypertrophy, fatty liver, hepatitis, etc. There are liver disorders and so on.
If you experience any of the above symptoms, consult your doctor or pharmacist after discontinuing use.
Rare side effects of Duovir
Symptoms such as anemia, neuropathy, pancytopenia, leukopenia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, and lactic acidosis have been reported.
Symptoms of acidosis include general malaise, loss of appetite, sudden weight loss, gastrointestinal disorders, dyspnea, and tachypnea.
In this case, please consult your doctor immediately or an internal medicine / specialized outpatient clinic.
If you feel that the effects and side effects of Duovir are strong
If you feel the effects and side effects of taking Tenville EM are strong, consult your doctor or an internal medicine / specialized outpatient department for diagnosis.
Precautions when using Duovir
People who are careful about taking Duovir
If you have any of the following symptoms, please be careful when using it and consult a doctor.
- Patients receiving multidrug therapy with other anti-HIV drugs
- Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to Duovir
- Patients with chronic hepatitis B
- Elderly people ( (65 years old and over)
- People who are pregnant or may become pregnant
- People who are breastfeeding If there are other medicines taken, the effects of the medicines may be strengthened or weakened by taking them together.
Caution for using Duovir together
Concomitant precautions are medicines that require caution when taken in combination with Duovir.
- The side effects of pentamidine, pyrimethamine, sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim combination, flucytosine, ganciclovir, interferon, vincristine, vinblastine, and doxorubicin didobudin may increase.
- It has been reported that the circulation rate of probenecid zidovudine was reduced to about 1/3 and the half-life was extended by about 1.5 times. -It has been reported that the maximum blood concentration of fluconazole and fosfluconazole zidovudine increases by 84%.
- It has been reported that the maximum blood concentration of ritonavir zidovudine decreases.
- It has been reported that the systemic clearance of rifampicin zidovudine increases by about 2.5 times and the AUC decreases by about 1/2.
- Phenytoin blood phenytoin concentration decreases. There is a report that it will decrease to 1/2.
- It has been reported that the effect of this drug is diminished by the combined use of sanilbudin and ribavirin .
- It has been reported that the AUC of lamivudine , increased by 43%, systemic clearance decreased by 30%, and renal clearance decreased by 35%. -Sorbitol It has been reported that the combined use of oral sorbitol solution (3.2 g, 10.2 g, 13.4 g as sorbitol) and lamivudine reduced the AUC of lamivudine.
You have developed allergic symptoms such as itching or rash due to the use of medicines in the past, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
People who should not take Duovir
The following people cannot use this medicine.
- Those who have experienced a hypersensitive reaction to the ingredients contained in Duovir.
- Those who are being treated with ibuprofen preparations People who fall under the above may have strong side effects by using this drug.
Contraindicated drug for duovir
There are some medicines that should not be used in combination with this medicine.
- If you are using ibuprofen or other medicines, or if you are using a new medicine, be sure to consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Duovir storage method and handling precautions
How to store the Duovir
- Store at room temperature (15-25 ℃) away from direct sunlight and high temperature and humidity.
- Keep out of reach of infants and children. Avoid the possibility of accidentally taking it.
Precautions for handling the Duovir
- Do not take medicines that have passed the expiration date. It may not be effective or may affect the body.
- Please refrain from storing with other drugs. Due to the action of the ingredients, the properties and shape may change.
Duovir product information
Prescription drugs: Generic drugs
Generic drugs are developed by other pharmaceutical companies using the same active ingredients after the patent period of the new drug has expired, and are strict on the premise that their efficacy and safety are equivalent to those of the new drug. It is a drug that has passed the test and has been approved by the government.
Shape / Dosage Form
- Oral type tablets
- Adult men and women for the treatment of HIV infection
Shipping / Packing
Country of shipment
The sender’s name is not the name of the “lifetimePills”.
Only the name of the shipping country is listed, or the name of the shipping country vendor.
Please note that in most cases, the name of the shipping country will be stated when posting the absentee slip.
Since the product name and drug name of the order will not be printed on the outer box, the contents can be received without the delivery staff or family members knowing the contents.
Click here for details on the packing status
>> About packing