Product details of Zithromax 250mg
Features of Zithromax
The active ingredient in Zithromax is azithromycin hydrate. The world’s first 15-membered ring macrolide antibiotic product developed by Pfizer with the aim of acquiring the broad antibacterial spectrum required for the treatment of acute infectious diseases .
It has acquired drug transferability to infectious lesions and a long half-life, and is used for mild to moderate acute respiratory infections, which are the main targets of use.
It also has strong antibacterial activity against mycoplasma, chlamydia, and Haemophilus influenzae .
Effect of Zithromax
The active ingredient azithromycin contained in Zithromax is a macrolide antibiotic.
It binds to the 50S subunit of the bacterial 70S ribosome and inhibits protein synthesis.
Indications for Zithromax
Zithromax is a macrolide antibiotic that improves the following symptoms:
- Those who are suffering from sexually transmitted diseases such as chlamydia and gonorrhea
- Those who are suffering from mycoplasma pneumonia and Regionella pneumonia
- Those who are suffering from sore throat (throat pain) Those who are suffering from acute bronchitis (sudden coughing) For those who are suffering from periodontal
Indications for Zithromax
Glycoccus, Streptococcus, Pneumoniae, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Moraxella (Branhamella) Catalaris, Haemophilus influenzae, Regionella pneumophylla, Peptostreptococcus, Prebotera, Chlamydia, Mycoplasma
Active ingredient of Zithromax
The active ingredient of Zithromax is azithromycin hydrate 250mg, which is a macrolide antibiotic.
This azithromycin hydrate binds to the 50S subunit of the bacterial 70S ribosome and inhibits protein synthesis.
Using this effect, it exerts a stronger protective effect and therapeutic effect than conventional macrolide antibiotics, and has an antibacterial effect.
Content and content of Zithromax
Contains 6 tablets per box.
Each Zithromax tablet contains 250 mg of azithromycin.
Pfizer is a pharmaceutical company headquartered in New York, USA.
Founded in 1849, it expanded into USA in 1953, and has its headquarters in United States.
As of 2016, it is the number one pharmaceutical company in the world sales ranking.
Dosage of Zithromax
How to take Zithromax
For sexually transmitted diseases , take 1000 mg once a day. Take with water or lukewarm water on an empty stomach at least 2 hours after meals.
For sore throat and other infections , take 500 mg once daily for 3 consecutive days. Take with water or lukewarm water on an empty stomach at least 2 hours after meals.
Zithromax is most effective on an empty stomach, so if you take Zithromax after a meal, it depends on your symptoms.
After taking this medicine, refrain from eating for at least 2 hours. It will be an antibiotic, so take it at a fixed time as much as possible to maintain the ingredients evenly.
Recommended dose of Zithromax
Take 1000 mg (4 tablets for 250 mg tablets) once for chlamydia infection .
For sore throat and other infections, take 500 mg (2 tablets for 250 mg tablets) once daily and continue to use for 3 days.
For pelvic inflammatory disease caused by gonorrhea After treatment with azithromycin injection, take 250 mg once daily and continue for 5 days.
The dose of Zithromax to be taken depends on the content of the active ingredient azithromycin, and 500 mg and 1000 mg tablets are mainly used to treat infectious diseases.
Precautions when taking Zithromax
If you miss a dose If you miss a dose and notice it within a day, take one dose when you notice it.
If it is almost time to take the next dose, wait until that time, take one tablet, and do not take two doses at once.
After the next day, take it after meals. Do not stop taking the medicine at your own discretion just because your symptoms have improved, and take it to the end.
Prevention of the development of resistant bacteria If the symptoms do not change or worsen after 4 days after taking Zithromax, discontinue use and consult a doctor.
In the case of urethritis and cervicitis, follow the course for 2 to 4 weeks after taking Zithromax.
Side effects of Zithromax
Main side effects of Zithromax
The main side effects are diarrhea, increased eosinophil count, decreased white blood cell count, vomiting and nausea. In that case, stop using it and observe the change in physical condition.
Although it is a low frequency side effect, it includes hives, atopic dermatitis, and constipation.
If you experience any of the above symptoms, please consult your doctor after confirming any changes in your physical condition.
Rare side effects of Zithromax
Symptoms such as shock, anaphylaxis, dyspnea, and toxic epidermal necrolysis have been reported.
Toxic epidermal necrolysis may cause high fever (38 ° C or higher), redness of the eyes, sores on the lips, sore throat, redness of a wide area of the skin, etc. It gets worse suddenly.
In this case, please consult your doctor immediately or an internal medicine / urology / specialized outpatient department for diagnosis.
Precautions when using Zithromax
People who are careful about taking Zithromax
If you have any of the following symptoms, be careful when taking this medicine and consult your doctor.
- Persons with a history of hypersensitivity to other macrolide or ketolide drugs
- Persons undergoing treatment for severe liver dysfunction or elderly people with severe liver dysfunction (65 years old or older)
- Persons with heart disease
- People with QT prolongation (disease caused by prolonged electrical recovery of myocardial cells)
If there are other medicines taken, the effects of the medicines may be strengthened or weakened by swallowing.
Be careful when operating dangerous machinery such as driving a car, as it may cause disturbance of consciousness.
Caution for using Zithromax together
It is a medicine that requires caution when taken in combination with Zithromax.
- Antacids (aluminum hydroxide, magnesium hydroxide) The maximum blood concentration of this agent may decrease.
- Anticoagulant (warfarin) There is a risk of strengthening the action of anticoagulants.
- Immunosuppressants There is a risk of increasing the maximum blood concentration of immunosuppressants and prolonging the half-life.
- There is a risk of increasing the maximum blood concentration of AIDS drugs .
- The possibility of digoxin toxicity, a cardiac stimulant, may increase. If you have developed allergic symptoms such as itching or rash due to the use of medicines in the past, please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
People who should not take Zithromax
The following people cannot use this medicine.
- Those who have experienced a hypersensitive reaction to the ingredients contained in Zithromax
- Those who are pregnant
- Those who are breastfeeding People who fall under the above may have strong side effects by using this drug.
Precautions for storage and handling of Zithromax
How to store Zithromax
It is not necessary to store it in the refrigerator, and store it at room temperature (15 to 25 ° C) away from direct sunlight and high temperature and humidity.
- Keep out of reach of infants and children. Avoid the possibility of accidentally taking it.
- It is recommended to store the required amount in a pill case. If any medicine remains, do not store it as it is and dispose of it.
Precautions for handling Zithromax
- Do not take medicines that have passed the expiration date. It may not be effective or may affect the body.
- Please refrain from storing with other drugs. Due to the action of the ingredients, the properties and shape may change.
Product information of Zithromax
Prescription drugs: Generic drugs
Generic drugs are newly developed drugs and are also called new drugs. It takes a long research period and enormous cost to launch a new drug.
Therefore, after filing a patent application, the developed pharmaceutical company can monopolize, manufacture and sell it, and during that time, efficacy and safety investigations and reexaminations are also conducted.
Shape / Dosage Form
- Oral type tablets
- Adult men and women for the purpose of treating various infectious diseases and sexually transmitted diseases
Shipping / Packing
Country of shipment
The sender’s name is not the name of the “lifetimePills”.
Only the name of the shipping country is listed, or the name of the shipping country vendor.
Please note that in most cases, the name of the shipping country will be stated when posting the absentee slip.
Since the product name and drug name of the order will not be printed on the outer box, the contents can be received without the delivery staff or family members knowing the contents.
Click here for details on the packing status
>> About packing