Product details of Zovirax 200mg
Features of Zovirax 200mg
Zovirax is an antiviral drug developed by Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd of the United Kingdom and contains acyclovir as an active ingredient.
It has been marketed in USA since 2007 as a general treatment for herpes labialis.
Herpes simplex virus is highly infectious and can be transmitted even if you are not in direct contact with the infected person.
This product is also recommended for those who are suffering from genital herpes, cold labialis, shingles, and those who want to have it as a preventive drug in case of recurrence.
Effect of Zovirax 200mg
The active ingredient acyclovir contained in Zovirax was first developed as a drug effective against the herpes virus.
Because it inhibits viral DNA replication, it is used to treat genital herpes in children, recurrence of genital herpes in children, herpes simplex, and shingles.
Zovirax duration of action
There is data that the blood concentration in the body reaches the maximum about 1.3 hours after taking it, and the half-life in blood is about 2.5 hours.
Depending on the symptoms, the reason for taking 5 times a day is set in consideration of this half-life in the blood.
Indications for Zovirax 200mg
Zovirax is an antiviral drug for acyclovir that improves the following symptoms:
- For herpes labialis
- For corneal herpes
- For genital herpes
- For chickenpox
Active ingredient of Zovirax 200mg
The active ingredient of Zovirax is acyclovir, which has the function of suppressing the activation and proliferation of intracellular viruses.
The virus cannot multiply and the progression of symptoms stops. It is often used to treat herpes as an oral agent with antiviral activity.
Each box contains 25 tablets / 50 tablets, depending on the content.
There are 3 types of Acyclovir 200mg / 400mg / 800mg per Zovirax tablet.
GSK plc Smith Klein is a global company headquartered in the United Kingdom and operating in 150 countries around the world.
Avodart is a typical product for AGA (male pattern baldness) treatment.
Dosage of Zovirax 200mg
How to take Zovirax 200mg
To control the recurrence of genital herpes, adults take 200 mg at a time, 5 times a day.
If you have herpes simplex, the adult should take 200 mg at a time, 5 times a day.
If you have shingles or chickenpox, the adult should take 800 mg at a time, 5 times a day.
The dose may be adjusted according to your age and symptoms.
Drink with a glass of water or lukewarm water.
Recommended dose of Zovirax
For herpes simplex, take 200 mg at a time, 5 times a day.
For suppression of the onset of herpes simplex virus infection in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, take 200 mg 5 times a day from 7 days before hematopoietic stem cell transplantation to 35 days after construction.
For shingles, take 800 mg at a time, 5 times a day.
For children, take 20 mg / kg body weight 4 times a day.
To prevent recurrence of genital herpes, for children weighing 40 kg or more, take 20 mg once per kg of body weight four times a day.
Precautions when taking Zovirax 200mg
If you miss a dose If you miss a dose and notice it within a day, take one dose when you notice it.
If it is almost time to take the next dose, wait until that time, take one tablet, and do not take two doses at once.
After the next day, take it at the designated time. Do not stop taking the medicine at your own discretion just because your symptoms have improved, and take it to the end.
We recommend using condoms as there is a risk of infection to your sex partner.
Side effects of Zovirax 200mg
The main side effects of Zovirax 200mg
The main side effects include abdominal pain, diarrhea, anemia, granulocytosis, leukocytosis, and eosinophilia.
Although it is a low frequency side effect, it includes abnormal liver function test values, loose stools, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain.
If you experience any of the above symptoms, check for changes in your physical condition and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Rare side effects of Zovirax 200mg
Symptoms such as pancytopenia, neuropsychiatric symptoms, shock, anaphylaxis, dyspnea, and toxic epidermal necrolysis have been reported.
Toxic epidermal necrolysis may cause high fever (38 ° C or higher), redness of the eyes, sores on the lips, sore throat, redness of a wide area of the skin, and the symptoms may persist. It gets worse suddenly.
In this case, please consult your doctor immediately or an internal medicine / urology / specialized outpatient department.
Precautions when using Zovirax 200mg
People who are careful about taking Zovirax 200mg
If you have any of the following symptoms, be careful when taking this medicine and consult your doctor.
- Persons with a history of hypersensitivity to Zovirax
- Persons undergoing treatment for renal disorders or decreased renal function
- Persons with infants, children, elderly people (65 years old or older)
- Persons with immune system disorders, undergoing treatment If you are driving a car or operating a dangerous machine, please consult your doctor or pharmacist as taking this medicine may cause consciousness disorder.
- If you are taking other medicines, taking them together may strengthen or weaken the effects of the medicines.
Caution for using Zovirax 200mg together
It is a medicine that requires caution when taken in combination with Zovirax.
- Probenecid Zovirax ‘s excretion in the kidneys is suppressed, the action becomes stronger, and side effects are more likely to appear.
- Cimetidine Zovirax excretion may be suppressed and the action of Valtrex may be strengthened.
- When used in combination , the effects of both drugs may be enhanced.
- Theophylline The blood concentration of theophylline may increase and its action may be strengthened.
Special attention should be paid to elderly people with impaired renal function.
People who should not take Zovirax 200mg
The following people cannot use this medicine
- Those who have experienced a hypersensitive reaction to the ingredients contained in Zovirax
- Those who are pregnant
- Those who are breastfeeding People who fall under the above may have strong side effects by using this drug.
Precautions for storage and handling of Zovirax 200mg
How to store Zovirax 200mg
It is not necessary to store it in the refrigerator, and store it at room temperature (15 to 25 ° C) away from direct sunlight and high temperature and humidity.
- Keep out of reach of infants and children. Avoid the possibility of accidentally taking it.
- It is recommended to wrap the broken tablets in a wrap and store them in a container that can be sealed. Since the coating of the broken tablet is peeled off, it becomes easy to get damp and the tablet may crumble.
- It is recommended to store the medicine in a pill case as it may become damp.
Precautions for handling Zovirax 200mg
- Do not take medicines that have passed the expiration date. It may not be effective or may affect the body.
- Please refrain from storing with other drugs. Due to the action of the ingredients, the properties and shape may change.
Zovirax 200mg product information
Prescription drugs: Generic drugs
Generic drugs are newly developed drugs and are also called new drugs. It takes a long research period and enormous cost to launch a new drug.
Therefore, after filing a patent application, the developed pharmaceutical company can monopolize, manufacture and sell it, and during that time, efficacy and safety investigations and reexaminations are also conducted.
Shape / Dosage Form
- Oral type tablets
- Adult men and women for the treatment and prevention of herpes
Shipping / Packing
Country of shipment
The sender’s name is not the name of the “lifetimePills”.
Only the name of the shipping country is listed, or the name of the shipping country vendor.
Please note that in most cases, the name of the shipping country will be stated when posting the absentee slip.
Since the product name and drug name of the order will not be printed on the outer box, the contents can be received without the delivery staff or family members knowing the contents.
Click here for details on the packing status
>> About packing