Product details of Valcivir 500mg Tabet
Features of Valcivir 500mg
Valaciclovir is a generic antiviral drug developed by Cipla and contains valacyclovir as an active ingredient.
It is effective in improving or preventing blisters along the lips, genitals, and nerves, and tingling pain and itching in the affected area when taken early after being infected by sexual intercourse.
It is a highly safe drug that is also used for the treatment of children because it is effective in the affected area, which is necessary as a drug with a good absorption rate into the body.
Taking the medicine will improve the symptoms, but the bacteria have not died, so it is necessary to take it for about a week.
The effect of Valcivir 500mg
Valaciclovir, the active ingredient in Valaciclovir, is an improved version of the anti-herpes drug Zovirax.
Enzymes in the body change the structure of the drug to show its effect, and it works effectively on the part that needs treatment.
It is effective not only for herpes simplex virus but also for infections of the bladder and cervix of women who tend to become severe.
Time of action of Valcivir 500mg
In the case of 500 mg, the blood concentration in the body reaches the maximum about 1 hour after taking it, and there is data that the half-life in blood is 3 to 4 hours.
Depending on the symptoms, the reason for taking 2 to 3 times a day is set in consideration of this half-life in the blood.
Indications for Valcivir 500mg
Valaciclovir is an antiviral drug for valacyclovir that improves the following symptoms:
- For genital herpes
- For herpes labialis
- For corneal herpes
- For chickenpox
- For shingles
Active ingredient of Valcivir 500mg
Valaciclovir, the active ingredient of valciclovir, exerts its effect after its structure is changed by an enzyme in the body, and inhibits the enzyme DNA polymerase required for viral DNA replication to inhibit the growth of the virus.
It reduces the virus in the body, reduces the itching and pain of herpes and shingles, and relieves the symptoms.
Content and content of Valcivir 500mg
Contains 6 tablets per box.
There are two types containing valacyclovir 500mg / 1000mg per tablet of valciclovir.
- Cipla Ltd.
Cipla is an Indian-based pharmaceutical company with a history of more than 80 years.
We manufacture cheap AIDS treatments for HIV patients in emerging countries.
Valcivir 500mg dosage
How to take Valcivir 500mg
To control the recurrence of genital herpes, adults take 500 mg once daily.
If you have herpes simplex, the adult should take 500 mg twice daily.
If you have shingles or chickenpox, the adult should take 1000 mg at a time, 3 times a day.
Drink with a glass of water or lukewarm water.
Recommended dose of Valcivir 500mg
For herpes simplex, take 500 mg twice daily.
Suppressing recurrence of genital herpes Take 500 mg once a day.
For children weighing 40 kg or more, take 500 mg once a day.
For patients with HIV infection (CD4 lymphocyte count 100 / mm3 or higher), take 500 mg twice daily.
For chickenpox, take 1000 mg at a time, 3 times a day.
For shingles, take 1000 mg at a time, 3 times a day.
For suppression of herpes simplex virus infection in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, take 500 mg twice daily from 7 days before hematopoietic stem cell transplantation to 35 days after construction.
For children, take 25 mg / kg of body weight 3 times a day for children weighing less than 10 kg, and 25 mg / kg of body weight twice a day for children weighing 10 kg or more. However, the maximum single dose is 500 mg.
Precautions when taking Valcivir 500mg
If you miss a dose If you miss a dose and notice it within a day, take one dose when you notice it.
If it is almost time to take the next dose, wait until that time, take one tablet, and do not take two doses at once.
After the next day, take it at the designated time.
Do not stop taking the medicine at your own discretion just because your symptoms have improved, and take it to the end.
We recommend using condoms as there is a risk of infection to your sex partner.
Side effects of Valcivir 500mg
The main side effects of Valcivir 500mg
The main side effects are headache, decreased consciousness, kidney damage, abdominal pain, nausea and diarrhea.
Although it is a low frequency side effect, there are elevated liver function test values, dizziness, difficulty urinating, hypersensitivity, photosensitivity, and urinary retention.
If you experience any of the above symptoms, check for changes in your physical condition and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Rare side effects of Valcivir 500mg
Symptoms such as pancytopenia, neuropsychiatric symptoms, shock, anaphylaxis, dyspnea, and toxic epidermal necrolysis have been reported.
Toxic epidermal necrolysis may cause high fever (38 ° C or higher), redness of the eyes, sores on the lips, sore throat, redness of a wide area of the skin, and the symptoms may persist. It gets worse suddenly.
In this case, please consult your doctor immediately or an internal medicine / urology / specialized outpatient department.
Precautions for using Valcivir 500mg
People who are careful about taking Valcivir 500mg
If you have any of the following symptoms, be careful when taking this medicine and consult your doctor.
- Those who have a history of hypersensitivity to Valcivir 500mg
- Those who are undergoing treatment for renal disorder or those with renal dysfunction
- Those who are infants, children, elderly people (65 years old or older)
- Those who have immune system diseases, are being treated If you are driving a car or operating a dangerous machine, please consult your doctor or pharmacist as taking this medicine may cause consciousness disorder. If you are taking other medicines, taking them together may strengthen or weaken the effects of the medicines.
Caution for combined use of Valcivir 500mg
It is a medicine that requires caution when taken in combination with Valcivir 500mg.
- Probenecid Valtrex ‘s excretion in the kidneys is suppressed, the action becomes stronger, and side effects are more likely to appear.
- Cimetidine Valtrex excretion may be suppressed and the action of Valtrex may be strengthened.
- When used in combination , the effects of both drugs may be enhanced.
- Theophylline The blood concentration of theophylline may increase and its action may be strengthened.
Special attention should be paid to elderly people with impaired renal function.
People who should not take Valcivir 500mg
The following people cannot use this medicine.
- Those who have experienced a hypersensitive reaction to the ingredients contained in Valcivir 500mg
- Those who are pregnant
- Those who are breastfeeding People who fall under the above may have strong side effects by using this drug. I have.
Storage method and handling precautions for Valcivir 500mg
How to store Valcivir 500mg
-It is not necessary to store it in the refrigerator, and store it at room temperature (15 to 25 ° C) away from direct sunlight and high temperature and humidity.
- Keep out of reach of infants and children. Avoid the possibility of accidentally taking it.
- It is recommended to wrap the broken tablets in a wrap and store them in a container that can be sealed. Since the coating of the broken tablet is peeled off, it becomes easy to get damp and the tablet may crumble.
- It is recommended to store the medicine in a pill case as it may become damp.
Precautions for handling Valcivir 500mg
- Do not take medicines that have passed the expiration date. It may not be effective or may affect the body.
- Please refrain from storing with other drugs. Due to the action of the ingredients, the properties and shape may change.
Product information of Valcivir 500mg
Prescription drugs: Generic drugs
Generic drugs are developed by other pharmaceutical companies using the same active ingredients after the patent period of the new drug has expired, and are strict on the premise that their efficacy and safety are equivalent to those of the new drug. It is a drug that has passed the test and has been approved by the government.
Shape / Dosage Form
- Oral type tablets
- Adult men and women aimed at treating and preventing herpes
Shipping / Packing
Country of shipment
The sender’s name is not the name of the “lifetimePills”.
Only the name of the shipping country is listed, or the name of the shipping country vendor.
Please note that in most cases, the name of the shipping country will be stated when posting the absentee slip.
Since the product name and drug name of the order will not be printed on the outer box, the contents can be received without the delivery staff or family members knowing the contents.
Click here for details on the packing status
>> About packing